I owe you all an apology. I've had some blog posts churning in my mind but I haven't been able to sit down and pen anything.
First, Jeannine, you are the sweetest for nominating me for a blog award. I'm working on a reply:) I can't wait to participate! Thank you.
What I have been up to:
1. Influenza A - I'll get the negative one out of the way first. Thankfully, we are all healthy now. And yes, we all got the flu shot.
2. The loss of Howard Hendricks. Dr. Hendricks' books have really made a difference in my Christian life. He died last month at 88. What an amazing man he was. I can't wait to post more on him.
3. Weight loss - I am nearly done. I've lost 32 pounds. My goal is 1.5 pounds from where I am now. So, I am done. I am not "skinny" but I am healthy and this is a weight I can maintain without too much trouble. I am a size 8 and I am still curvy, just not as heavy. (see bad photo below, LOL).
5. Shopping. None of my clothing fit so I've made a few purchases. J Crew Factory, Old Navy and TJ Maxx have been good to me. Will share more on this soon.
6. Pope Francis - I am not Catholic but I love history. And the new Pope seems like such a wonderful man.
7. Last but not least, today would have been my friend, Kristen's, 41st birthday. I thought I would be okay with it but it has been an emotional day. What a sweet friend, she was. Oh I miss her.