Proverbs is one of those books that is SO CONVICTING for me. Each morning I read one chapter and reflect on it. It's a great way to start out my day.
This morning I read Proverbs 11 and then sat praying for forgiveness and for wisdom. It was just so powerful. I thought I would share what stuck out and convicted me.
1. When pride comes, in comes dishonor - how often I find pride sneaking into my life, thinking my choices are better than others, etc. Lord help me.
2. Humility = wisdom - if we want to be wise we must be humble
3. The integrity of the upright man will guide him - when anything but goodness guides us, we need to beg God for help. I find myself begging for help quite often.
4. A man of understanding KEEPS SILENT!!! - instead of talking about people when they hurt our feelings, we are to talk to God about it. This is not in my attorney nature or my female nature. My flesh always wants to go after people who are mean or who I think have wronged me.
5. He who goes about as a talebearer reveals secrets but he who is trustworthy conceals a matter - when someone tells us something, we are to keep it to ourselves and not spread it. This one is hard for women:) We are to be trustworthy in everything.
6. A gracious woman attains honor - I love the word gracious. It just sounds beautiful and lovely and is everything I pray to be. But it's easier said than done. To be truly gracious, we must be self-disciplined.
7. The descendants of the righteous will be delivered - How amazing is it that even the descendants of a righteous person will be blessed. Amazing.
8. The desire of the righteous is only good - when our desires are not good, we need to examine ourselves and ask God to help us.
9. The generous man will be prosperous - keeping our gifts to ourselves is never a good option, even if we would rather redecorate than tithe or volunteer or give to a good cause.
10. The foolish will be the servant to the wise-hearted - wisdom keeps us away from all sorts of pain.