I have been gone for a while. Lots has happened. So now I sit here trying to figure out how to catch up. The best way seems to be a brain dump. But before I do that I want to say thank you for all of your advice regarding bullying. You all are wonderful. And all of your advice has been put into action and it's working. Thank you!
1. We went on vacation. It was beautiful. We always to the town where my amazing mother in law grew up. It is gorgeous and we always have lots of fun. Our kids love to open the back door, walk to the dock, jump into the lake, and swim for hours. Greg and I enjoy entertaining family and friends and reconnecting. It's special. This year the day we arrived, Greg said "I don't feel good." He was down for 3 days with a fever and sore throat. Once he recovered we enjoyed every minute until the last day. ERH got sick. So we came home. Being sick at home is much more comfortable. As of today, I am not feeling well. Thankfully we have all had the Olympics to watch while we recouperate.
2. I've been canning a lot this summer. Jam, pickles, tomatoes and soon I'll be freezing corn. Most of my produce is coming from my Mom's garden. More on this later.
3. Thursday evenings I lead a BSF summer Bible Study of Mark. It has been so much fun. We only have two weeks remaining.
4. Granny and Grandpa bought ERH and Pete a new swing set. It's currently under construction in our back yard. The kids are beyond excited. (photos coming)
5. Fall is coming and I am starting to think about planting trees and bulbs. I would like to have river birch in the front yard (I love it's bark - photo above) with sugar maples. And I think white crabapples or yellow butterfly magnolias will be pretty for the side yard.
6. School starts in two weeks. It is time to get everyone organized and back on our "school schedule."